Thursday, October 1, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Labeled Love by Danielle Rocco


BLURB: 
I was twelve years old when I met him. I guess you could say opposites attract. We didn’t know it then. Or maybe we did, but we didn’t care. It’s not easy growing up in Los Angeles. Well, for me it was. But, not for him.

I’m a Hollywood girl born and raised in the business.
I have everything I’ve ever needed 
and only wanted him.

Is it possible to find your forever love when you’re thirteen? Maybe not for most, but I did.
I’m just a boy raised in the pits of Los Angeles.
I have nothing
and only ever wanted her.

Worlds apart
Miles away

It would only be her
It would only be him

Labels never defined us
But will they tear us apart.


MY REVIEW
5/5 STARS

FUCKING BEAUTIFUL. This debut novel was so gripping and heart-stealing! Danielle Rocco possessed a new and exciting voice in the romance genre that will make HEA lovers craving for more of her works. I was totally hooked the moment I read Labeled Love. She uniquely drove this new form of love between Shay and Jace into a perfect progression of struggles, differences, dreams, and a love that could potentially surpass the test of time. 

I can’t explain what she means to me. Other than when I’m with her, I just know she means everything. 

Shay was the perfect, talented girl in school and every body had an expectation towards her. She lived a perfect and happy life with loving family and friends. What I really loved about her character was her capability to understand and connect with people who are far from her station. She had a heart that could understand all boundaries. I loved her passion, her humor, and the heart that could heal a man whose heart has been dysfunctional for a long time. 

What do you do when you look at the girl you love and all around her are reminders of a life you may never be able to give her? 

Jace was born with an imperfect life but he grew up to be a man with a perfect heart. He was a boy toughened by unwanted responsibilities and undiscovered dreams. And I totally looove his character. He loved so deeply and so sincerely. He broke my heart with his sincerity, determination, and selflessness. He's such a great man, so willing to give up everything and suffering anything for the woman he loves. 

"You have my heart, so it’s got to be near you to beat and keep me going.” 

I was totally hooked on the story since I read the first line. The contradicting poles of the characters was a total interest throughout the book and I held on to each of it til the end! The moment Shay and Jace met, sparks immediately went flying. The chemistry was soooo good. They shared this kind of love that equally balanced the mushy and romantic teen love story that transcended into a deeper form of love based on trust and true love. There are so many unique streaks in this book that I really enjoyed! The author knew how to build up tension and knew exactly how to throw an impact. The scenes were a mix of sweet words with deeper meanings. The tinge of drama was gripping and heart-melting. 

My favorite part of the book was the way the author ended this book. It drove me nuts and sobbing in the wee hours of the morning. It's soooo beautiful! I'm definitely recommending this to readers who love a mix of love and drama. I can't wait for the next book!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.