Thursday, October 1, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: For Both are Infinite by Stephanie Alba


BLURB


Living in London was always part of the plan.
Ellie just didn't expect to do it alone. 
Running away and starting anew was the only solution. 

She set some rules for herself: no connections, no love, no friends. 
Work would be her only solace. 

But when she's assigned to train Rhys Edwards, Britain's Heartthrob, for his run as Hamlet on West End, all her plans fade away. Ellie soon realizes that just because you're breathing, it doesn't mean you're alive, and she learns it's the connections in life that make it worth living.



MY REVIEW

4/5 STARS


I usually like my romance fast-paced with some heat but I really enjoyed this light, slow building but intense story. The progression of the romance between the two main character was slow but sure. It wasn't hurried and it was perfectly timed. The plot is light and it is easy to read. Stephanie Alba's voice is like a lullaby that lulls a reader into this hypnotizingly sweet debut. 

I gazed back, and there, in his eyes, I saw it; I wasn’t just Ellie Reed anymore. I was his someone. 

Ellie didn't want to face the loss of the only man she loved. Flying to London and establishing a career and life there, she thought living away and alone was the best way to heal (running away from the memories). I liked Ellie's wit and simplicity. Her character was cut out from the real world. She had doubts, fears, and questions and sometimes she allowed them to decide for her. There were times when I disliked her for her actions but then I realized that just makes her more real and relatable. 

I felt beheld by him, possessed just from his look. 

Even if Rhys Edwards lived under the limelight for quite a long time, he wasn't blinded by the sparkling life of Hollywood. I loved the dynamics of Rhys' character! He was sweet, patient, and ever understanding. He's exactly what every woman should have. In contrast to Ellie, Rhys was ideal, perfectly cut out for her character. He was swoony, sweet, romantic, handsome, and a movie star. I mean what more can you ask?

“I know your soul and mine are made with the same pieces, and it just took us some time and life to find one another.” 

The story flowed easily along with the slow, easy, but sure romance development between the characters. To some, it might be a bit dragging since it's slow paced but to me, it felt just right. The lack of speed was compensated with depth, and a whole lot of romance. The plot was light but it was engaging. It's a so-so read for me. Not too intense and hot. It's a relaxing read. 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.