Tuesday, October 20, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Dirty English by Ilsa Madden-Mills


SYNOPSIS 

A scarred fighter.
A girl with rules.
One night of unbridled passion.

There are three things you need to know about Elizabeth Bennett: she’s smart as a whip, always in control, and lives by a set of carefully crafted rules. She’s learned the hard way that people you love the most always hurt you in the end.

But then she meets Declan Blay, the new neighbor at her apartment complex.

A tattooed British street fighter, he’s the campus bad boy she’s supposed to avoid, but when he saves her from a frat party gone bad, all her rules about sex and love fly out the window.

She gives him one night of unbridled passion, but he longs for more. 

With only a cardboard-thin wall separating their bedrooms, he dreams of possessing the vulnerable girl next door forever.

One night. Two damaged hearts. The passion of a lifetime.

*a modern love story inspired by Pride and Prejudice* 

MY REVIEW
5/5 STARS

Ilsa Madden-Mills is really a hypnotic writer. One read on the first line of Dirty English and I was hooked! It was intense, suspenseful, fun, romantic, everything I love in a book rolled into one heart-stealing novel. 

Loving Declan was like the rain storms I loved to dance in. Crazy and unpredictable, sometimes turbulent, sometimes gentle. 

Declan was an intensely passionate character. The magnificent mix of his roughly naughty and possessive sweetness lit the pages in flames. What I loved about him was he covered every angle of sexy. He was smart, strong, determined, and goal-driven. I mean come on, how can a woman resist a tattooed naughty fighter who can quote romance classics?

She was my queen and I wanted to be her king. I wanted to sit at the throne of her body and love her forever... 

Elizabeth Bennett had a one-night-only rule when it comes to involvements with men. She needed to own her body, take control, and call the shots. Only until Declan, though. 

Elizabeth was a really unique heroine. A bad event from her past took a bit of her control over herself but she fought hard and took the reins on her own independence. I loved her sassiness so much! She knew what she wanted and how she wanted to get it. She was driven, independent but she was badass and sexy. 

If he wanted to use his fists, I’d stand in his corner and kiss him before he put his gloves on. He’d do the same for me. 

I really loved how the plot of this book ran. It's as if the first few pages broke my heart and the following ones sought out to fix it. The heat seeped right into every word of this book. It's sexy, sweet, angsty, and hard to forget! Miss Ilsa's writing is hypnotic and gripping. It's as if I couldn't afford wasting a minute not delving into this book. I felt myself anticipating at every scene and yet reveling on every bit. It was really sexy yet really sweet at the same time. I can't wait for more of her Brits!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.