Wednesday, October 28, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Crashing Souls by Cynthia A. Rodriguez


TITLE: Crashing Souls 
AUTHOR: Cynthia A. Rodriguez
RELEASE DATE: October 27, 2015


SYNOPSIS

I am darkness; what you would consider a thief amongst the living.
I’ve spent time, so much of it that it seems a trifle word to call it, in that gloom being swallowed whole by human grief and human tears.
I am the Angel of Death.
And all was dark until I met a man, searching for a woman.

Given a second chance to find the love of his life, whose soul was placed inside someone else after a tragic accident, a young man finds himself taking over the life of a teenager named Dexter. But there are rules: She will not remember him and he will only have fragmented memories, not knowing anything about the life he has been placed in and barely anything about the life he once lived. He embarks on a journey to right Dex’s wrongs and find the woman whose soul belongs with his, no matter what it takes. Finding her is one thing, loving her and her self-destructive ways is another. 

Artful, sharp, and compelling, Crashing Souls explores the permanent mark left behind when two souls crash together.

MY REVIEW
5/5 STARS

“Are you always going to be so afraid of life that you don’t live it?"


I always take pleasure in discovering new authors. While I love the lightness and romantic feels most novels give me, I crave a certain depth of emotion and Cynthia A. Rodriguez handed that to me effortlessly. 

Crashing Souls was literally a roller-coaster of emotions and realizations, a form of depth I never experienced in other books. It's like a piece of the author's soul was embedded in the story and was wonderfully played out by equally poignant characters. There were bits and pieces of heart-quaking scenes that gave me mini-heart-attacks, and specks of lightness that magnificently sustained the romance. The author knows how to keep a reader's interest with the story getting more and more gripping on every passing page. There were so many moments that I stopped for a while to feel, just feel, the raw emotions of the characters and contemplate on how real they were. 

This book was an unexpectedly life-stirring, heart-breaking, soul-piecing, magnificently written and driven book. Yep. The title definitely spoke for itself. I can't wait to drown further on her next book!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.