Sunday, September 4, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Finally Unbroken by Maria Macdonald


Title: Finally Unbroen
Author: Maria Macdonald
Series: Finally Unbroken #1

B L U R B 

"A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks." 
-Richard Bach

I'd known my soulmate, my best friend, my sister, forever. No span of distance nor time would ever change that. Even as I trudged through my colorless life. Loneliness and isolation snapping at my heels. I always had her as my North Star. 

Now I know I’m going to lose her—my soulmate—and I have to learn to lean on the only man I’ve ever loved. The one who pushed me away… just to survive. 
The life I once dreamed about has been washed away in a sea of regret. People from my past are appearing in my present, hoping to remain in my future. Each day I draw strength from my history.

I have to learn to live again, to have hope again and to love again. 
She wants me to trust him. He wants another chance. I just want the strength to move on with my new life.

All I have to do now is take my hands off the safety bars... and have a little faith. 

M Y   R E V I E W
5/5 STARS

"I wonder if he has that love. That same one I do, the one that sits dormant in my heart unused, because the person it was truly meant for left and has never come back. "

Now, I don’t want to pick favorites among Miss Maria’s books, they’re all divine. But I have to admit, Finally Unbroken moved unknown realms in me. This story had me good. It reached so deep in me and drew out emotions that I rarely feel in a book. It was more than just a love story. It was heartbreak and hope personified. 

The story started out with a streak of heartbreak. If there was something Anabel knew well, it was loss. She breathed it, lived it, and survived it. What I found absolutely stunning about Anabel’s character was that she was a damsel-in-distress but also a woman strengthened by her experiences. I felt with her, hoped with her, and lost with her. 

“This is going to be slow. This isn’t sex. I’m not going to fuck you, Bel. I’m going to love you.”

Danny knew his life was viewed to be completely perfect. But no else can feel the gaping hole a certain girl has left when they were young. Most would probably see a standard rich alpha male in meeting Danny but in a deeper level, he is what I viewed the hope in this book. He was a source of strength even in times when he was breaking. He was what was constant in this roller-coaster ride of events. 

Now. Other than the rekindling of Bel and Danny’s love for each other (and my god, was that sensually hot), there was also a rekindling of friendship and old emotions. I might have prejudged Amanda and Reuben as secondary characters but they both brought an unforgettable depth in the story. Miss Maria wonderfully channeled the exact emotions of the characters. She caught me off guard with how she tied this story up. It made me experience the rawest of emotions I’ve ever felt through any form of media. Definitely a must-read! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.