Tuesday, January 6, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: One to Leave (One to Hold #4) by Tia Louise

Some demons can't be shaken off.
Some wounds won't heal.

Until a pair of hazel eyes knocks you on your ass, and you realize it's time to stop running.

WARNING: Adult Contemporary Romance: Due to strong language and elements of erotic romance, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. (M/F) #SexyCowboys


Tia Louise has successfully pinned me on this series since book 1. And I was sure I was totally hooked and addicted when I finished One to Love, the last book before One to Leave. Although this book can be read as a stand-alone novel, I’d strongly suggest you start with One to Hold because man, you’ll be missing a lot if you don’t start with Derek.

Stuart had been a constant mysterious character since One to Hold. When he gifted us with his holy-hotness appearance in One to Love, I was definitely sure I’d save as many horses as I can to ride this cowboy. Haha! The instant connection he had with Mariska in One to Love had me clamouring for their story. And everything I wanted was there. Except maybe that I wanted MORE.

Stuart Knight was ruined by a traumatic experience that led him back to Montana. The after-effects of that event significantly damaged him, making him live a life of living hell. He was out of the job but he was back into that painful memory every night, causing him to resort to opium. He was lost and he thought he will never find his way back. He was damaged and he assumed he will never be repaired. He was in severe pain and he thought opium was his only solace. Well, not until Mariska Heron entered his life.

Mariska was an interesting character. She was a fun, free-spirited woman with a gift. When she met Stuart, she felt an instantly strong connection towards the man. A connection, on which she thought, was pure attraction. But one day, that connection went deeper—-she started having his dreams. Mariska thought that there was a reason behind it and she wanted to heal him, bring him solace, and help him forget the past. And she would do anything to reach and help him...even hitching with people she barely knew.

I loved the spark between Stuart and Mariska. There was an unspoken passion between the two of them that kept me hooked throughout the book. There’s nothing better than a wounded hero being healed by true love and affection. The tug and push heightened my anticipation until the very first kiss. And my, I felt a loud explosion when I finally read the very first scene that they touched each other! That was hot. Like totally hot hot hot.

What I really loved about this was that Tia Louise still managed to spice it up with humor and wit even if the story was placed in a more serious tone than the others. The exchange of words were entertaining, the prose was gripping, and the characters were hard-to forget. You’ll just want more of them!

This is yet again another Tia Louise spell that will keep readers rooting for more of her works!

1 comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.