Sunday, September 4, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Refrain by Kennedy Ryan


Title: Refrain
Author: Kennedy Ryan
Series: Soul Series #3


B L U R B


People dream of a love that runs deep. So deep it feels like it's always been with you, just waiting for the person who'll own your heart and soul forever. So few ever find it, but for Rhyson Gray and Kai Pearson, happily ever after was only the beginning...

One of the biggest rock stars in the world and one of the brightest rising stars make a life together. Sometimes it's glamour-filled days and blissed out nights, but it's mostly staying true in the too-bright glare of the spotlight. It's long stretches where the road is lonely and the work is hard. It's living in a love that's the safest place you know even while danger lurks at your door.

Book 3 of The Soul series is an emotionally-charged epic conclusion that had to be told and should not be missed for fans of this series and this couple!

M Y   R E V I E W 
5/5 SOUL STARS!

Miss Kennedy always creates characters that readers would never tire of reading about. Rhys and Kai are definitely one of them. In Refrain, she brought me a whole new set of emotions that kept me rooting for more of Rhys and Kai! 

But now and for the rest of my life Kai is the living, breathing address that is my home. She’s my entire damn zip code.

Kai was relishing every inch of claiming her dreams. All the sacrifices and hard work she invested on it was starting to pay off. But her dream of success mixing with the dreams of her heart might prove to be more challenging. There’s always this spirit in Kai’s character that radiates in her. But here, I was introduced to a bolder, sturdier Kai that I admired more. Here, she showed that she loved as much as she fought, that her passion for her talent was as fierce as her love for Rhys. 

“You know it is, Pep. Every inch is yours.” I don’t just mean every inch of my cock. I mean every inch of my body. Every acre of my heart. Every ounce of my soul, poured out like an offering for her to do with as she pleases.

For Rhyson Gray, the challenges of being in the limelight were no longer new. But when that light sheds a bad shade on Kai, it’s a whole new fucking story. I’m just really, really addicted to how alpha-sweet Rhys can get. The way this man claims always hits me to the bones. Super fucking sexy yet sensually played. Like he had so much love for Kai and he had to show it whenever (and my, wherever ;)) he can. 

I haven’t pierced her flesh, but I’m already inside of her in the way that truly counts; already occupying her soul.

This is completely unlike what I expected of a sequel and I couldn’t be happier that my expectations weren’t met. I prepared to swoon over the bliss of Rhys and Kai settling their relationship from Down to My Soul. You know, babies, weddings, and straight-out married bliss. But my, was I wrong. Refrain is emotionally charged, continuously stimulating, and a sensually hot read! In terms of depth and intensity, it’s like a whole new book. There were new emotions here and also exclusive Rhys x Kai feels that were intensified by unpredictable scenes. This book made by Soul Series obsessed heart overflow with scenes which I both anticipated and completely didn’t expect. 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.