Friday, July 29, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Ignite by Rebecca Yarros


Title: Ignite
Author: Rebecca Yarros
Series: Legacy 0.75
Release Date: July 25, 2016

B L U R B

In Legacy, Colorado, I buried my father alongside his elite Hotshot team. 
Ten years later, I’ve followed in his footsteps—fighting fires in the mountains of Alaska with my brother.
Amid the flames, nothing ignites me like Avery Claire.
She’s stubborn, strong, sexy as hell, and my best friend. 
She also has no idea that I’m in love with her.
But Colorado is calling me home, needing every Legacy-born firefighter to successfully rebuild our fathers’ team. 
One night will change everything between us, 
But she’s tied to Alaska and my future is in Colorado.
Now I’m torn between what my honor demands, 
And what my heart can’t live without.

M Y   R E V I E W 
5/5 stars!


Rebecca Yarros is the queen of feels. I swear, this woman can make a cook book sound romantic. Whether her book is long or short, she always has me absolutely consumed and utterly satisfied. Ignite might be a short read but it’s definitely not something you can easily forget. 

He consumed my every thought, until my only concerns were how close I could get and how much deeper I could kiss him.

River Maldonado has put off a number of fire in his life. But it seemed the fiery feelings he had for his best friend was an inextinguishable flame. Every fiber that made up River warmed my heart. His loyalty to his roots and his burning passion for his job and the people he loved brought out unique streaks in this book that are distinct and addictive. 

“But I’m not free, no matter how pretty you make it sound.”

Avery always felt like she was stepping on the line between the harsh reality and a fairytale. She revels on the moments she gets as a dedicated sister and a loyal best friend. But now that she had a chance at a happily ever after, she couldn’t really imagine it without dragging her own realistic once-upon-a-time. Avery was cloaked with a courage that is so refreshingly poignant. She was so admirable when she strived, fought, and endured but her true beauty was best seen when she let go. 

“You are my fairy tale,” I argued. “You are the only woman I have ever loved. The only woman I will ever love, and I’m not giving up that easily.”

The instant fire between River and Avery was wonderfully felt throughout the book. There was always this deeper heat and passion hovering above their friendship that kept me turning pages. That alone sustained my interest in the story. But looking in the wider perspective, there’s this warm, hospitable, and fun aura surrounding the characters and the setting that would make every reader feel like a part of them. A sneak peek at the other hotshots definitely upped my anticipation for this series! Ignite was a warm, satisfying and deeply romantic read with the right amount of drama and fun. It’s definitely a magnificent tease on how hot this series is going to get!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.