Monday, July 11, 2016

ARC REVIEW: Stoned by Mandi Beck


Title: Stoned
Author: Mandi Beck
Series: Wrecked #1

Blurb

“A rock star with no rhythm is a man with no soul.” – Stone Lockhart 

As the lead singer of one of the hottest bands to hit the rock scene, fucks are free, drugs come easy, and music is life. 
For as long as Stone can remember, Willow has been his music – the notes that weave his soul together. 
His rhythm. 
Until he threw her away. 
All he has left is a handful of pills and a few lines of powder to make him forget her.
And he tries, over and over. 

Clean and ready to make things right, he’s faced with the fact that Willow’s moved on. She’s not the same girl he cast aside. Willow’s a woman sure about her purpose in life. Sure about who she’s meant to love. 
Stone may be lost without his rhythm, but Willow has found so much more.


****STANDALONE****
________________________________________________

My Review
5 exploding stars!! 
(One of my top reads this year!)

FLOORED. Absolutely floored. I expected this book to be really good but I definitely did not expect it to throw me down and floor me. Mandi Beck gets better and better and this one right here will give you a glimpse of the future book hangovers you will experience on the base of her magical (and quite possibly sadistic) hands. 

Rock star without rhythm . . . is a man with no soul.

Stone Lockhart was relishing the good life brought to him by the success of his band. For a broken man like him who started with nothing, it was a fucking nirvana to be given the opportunity to revel on the perks of the spotlight. Little did he know that while he was experiencing faux paradise, he was losing touch with his priorities. The contradiction Stone presented in this book also caused me contradicting feelings towards him. I’d want to club him in the head and then heal him after he bleeds. There was so much rawness in this man that could claw every woman’s heart out. He did everything with a determined passion that reeks the contents of his good heart. 

“Not one pill or bump was worth losing you. Not my highest high made me feel the way you do.


Willow was never comfortable with being in the spotlight. She was fine in the shadows, functioned well behind the famous face of the love of her life. Until one day when she realized that her true self was swallowed by the darkness brought by someone who should be giving her light. The development of Willow’s character was really something that gripped me throughout this book. The journey from her past with Stone to her struggles and sacrifices alone was such an empowering experience. Her character needed that and Miss Mandi made her bask in her own spotlight. 

Not loving you isn't an option for me. You're always going to be the only one I want to make music with.


From the first few words of this book, I knew I was screwed. There was a unique pull in it that just had me wanting more. Every piece of this book was perfectly woven. Pick out any character and you’ll get a unique streak of their own story. Stoned was so charged, so raw, so utterly passionate that each scene radiates with emotions so strong I might as well have been part of the book. The chemistry of the main characters was so defined, so carefully placed that there was no doubt Willow belonged to Stone and Stone belonged to Willow. Plot wise, this one was flawless. The story flowed so effortlessly, just drowning me into the chaos and heartbreaks, carrying me into the streaks of hope, and lulling me with their passion in music. So far, Mandi Beck’s best! And definitely one of my Top 10 reads this year!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.