Monday, October 5, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Love Hurts by Mandi Beck


BLURB:


Love.

It’s my name. It’s what I fight for. It’s Frankie.

I’m a fighter. Trained to always keep my cover. To anticipate, see the next hit coming. I never expected her past to come at us swinging like it has.

I’m about to take on two of the most important fights of my life. My girl and the belt. I know that I can handle it. That I’ll never stop fighting. But, what do you do when your life, your love is threatened and you can’t take the hits – she has to? You shut your eyes and fucking pray like hell that she’s strong enough, fierce enough to come out on top.

I went to war for her. Now it’s her turn.


****THIS BOOK CONCLUDES DEACON'S STORY. THERE WILL BE MORE TO COME IN THE SERIES, BUT LOVE BURNS WILL COMPLETE DEACON AND FRANKIE'S JOURNEY**** 


MY REVIEW
4.5/5 STARS


IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to read Love Hurts first before reading Love Burns

One of my most-awaited books this year and every freaking bit was sooo worth the wait! Mandi Beck is really one of the new authors that every alpha-loving readers should look out for! Love Burns , the continuation of the steamy and well-acclaimed debut novel,Love Hurts , was full of angst, steam, action, and a roller coaster drama that will put readers on their toes. 

“I don’t love you because you fight for a living, Deacon. I love you because you’re a fighter.” 

Deacon was definitely a hot alpha mess. His feelings for Frankie was sure but he just couldn't help but well, be Deacon. His short temper and possessiveness mixed with the intense romantic feelings he had for Frankie definitely brought a unique streak in this story. 

She’s about to be wooed whether she wants to be or not. I’m coming for my girl, guns blazing. It’s time to go to war. 

Frankie, was a strong woman whose only weakness were her Loves. She endured so much from her past and it was so uplifting to see her fight for real and not alone this time (thank God). There were times when I didn't understand her and got annoyed with her for a bit but when she rose up and faced her demons, I ended worshipping at her feet. 

“Living without you isn’t an option, you feel me?” 

The book was reeeeaaaalllly hard to put down. The events were packed and blinking was a total luxury for me while reading it. I didn’t want to miss a scene, a word, a statement, and an event. The build-up was marvellous and Mandi Beck had a hypnotizing writing prose. On a different note, though, I did feel a bit off-track at some point in the beginning of the book but I when I was fully captured, I couldn’t let go. 

The hotness of this book is really over-the-top! Steamy does not even cover the romance between Deacon and Frankie. The chemistry was well-established and developed. The characters real and griping. It was a whirlwind of angst, suspense, romance, and fun. And how Mandi Beck pull that crazy mix of feelings in one book? Fucking amazing! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.