Thursday, October 1, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: This Love by Hilaria Alexander


BLURB 

Running off to Amsterdam is the best decision Ella ever made in her life. In just a few months, she’s been able to put her past behind and has found a new family and friends. She can almost ignore the voices in her head telling her this idyllic scenario is temporary. 

When Lou Rivers shows up in Amsterdam, he’s the constant reminder of the life she led and the mistakes she made. As the two of them embark on an emotional and musical journey across Europe, Ella will have to face her own insecurities and make a decision that might break them apart forever.


MY REVIEW

4/5 STARS

I really love discovering new authors. So when Miss Hilaria messaged me and asked to check out her book, I dove into goodreads and immediately got hooked with the blurb. I always have a heart for stories that included music. And in this debut novel, Hilaria Alexander captured the passion of two musicians and the serenity it brought them in the city of Amsterdam. 

I loved and hated the feeling of wanting somebody. It made me feel alive, and at the same time, vulnerable and weak. Part of me feared that no matter how much I tried to fight it, this love was going to be a time bomb, set to eventually destroy me. 

Ella was sure she was at the right place and pace but she really didn’t know where she would go from there. She was driven by her passion and her music and had perfect control of her life. She was a darling character with real issues and that made her character more gripping and relatable. I loved her to bits! She’s this fantastically poignant contradiction of sweet, honest, and fierce. 

I kept trying to resist him, but his presence alone forced me to come out of the safe refuge I had built for myself. 

Now Lou Rivers is probably one of the most charming heroes I’ve ever read. His character had an immediate appeal that would surely make readers swoon (I know I did). He carried his passion in music like a second skin and I couldn’t help but be absorbed. Although he possessed a gift in creating music and had the privilege of sharing it to the world, I think Lou’s most endearing quality was his humility and respect. 

Meeting him had been fate, getting to know him felt like a privilege, and loving him had been a gift. 

Miss Hilaria has a spell-binding writing prose and I really loved getting into it. She had a natural gift of throwing in feels and carrying a flawless story, allowing the readers to effortlessly be absorbed in every page. The chemistry of the characters was instantaneous. It was sparked by their fun and meaningful banters and escalated into a deep connection that both of them couldn’t let go. The story paced wonderfully, like an easy song that seeps right into the heart. Besides the romance, the way the author phrased the scenes and showcased the place with mere words was engrossing. She’s definitely one to watch out for in this genre! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.