Monday, October 5, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry



BLURB


I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe. 



MY REVIEW
5/5 STARS


MAGNIFICENTLY WRITTEN! 

I'm a big worshipper of Brittainy C. Cherry but she absolutely outdid herself with The Air He Breathes. Her poetic proses drove the complicated story into a tell-tale of real emotions, past demons, and moving on.

“You’re beautiful. You’re a beautiful, broken kind of monster.” 

Tristan was a dead man walking. Being robbed by the reasons for his existence made the struggle of continually breathing hard for him. I absolutely loved his character. He was artistically soul-stirring and every reaction and coping he did stole my breath away. He was a strong man with a troubled heart and soul. All he needed was a little spark. 

“Your smile was the highlight of my day.” 
“What was your dark moment of the day?” I asked. 
“Your frown.” 

Elizabeth only had one heartbeat left. She was shattered into pieces by the death of her husband and the only thing piecing her together was her daughter. I loved the honesty of Elizabeth's emotion. Her genuine heart and her ability to understand the misunderstood drove this story into an interesting path. 

She undressed me and made love to her past. I slid into her and made love to my ghosts. 


I actually thought all versions of broke man x broken woman have been covered in numerous books. But when I read this gem, I was transported into a world of raw pain, honest heartaches, and the poignancy of brokenness like I've never known broken before. Brittainy C. Cherry covered all of those with such perfect control over her unique streak of writing. Nothing have kept me out of this book. One start and I was a goner. It kept me anticipating, feeling, fantasizing, and learning at some point and then all at once. Unlike her books that I have read before, The Air He Breathes was more mature and in-depth. More soul-stirring than heart-stealing. It's a book that I would gladly lose myself in over and over again.

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.