Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: One to Keep (One to Hold #2) by Tia Louise

SYNOPSIS:
 
Patrick doesn't do "nice."
At least, not anymore.

After his fiancée cheats, he follows up with a one-night stand and a disastrous office hook-up. His business partner (Derek Alexander) sends him to the desert to get his head straight--and clean up the mess.

While there, Patrick meets Elaine, and blistering sparks fly, but she's not looking for any guy. Or a long-distance relationship.

Patrick's ready to do anything to keep her, but just when it seems he's changed her mind, the skeletons from his past life start coming back.

MY REVIEW:
 
Truth be told, I felt really off when I started the story and read about Patrick’s sexual exploits with Kenny. Then it was followed by Star’s exploration down under. They could happen but I really didn’t need to read about them! >,< Patrick and Elaine haven’t met at that point yet but I was already feeling that surge of jealousy for her. I didn’t see the relevance then and I just really hated it but towards the end of the story, I realized the relevance of those scenes.
Overlooking those, it was a definitely great story! I love Derek but dear God, I worship Patrick. And I have to say, I love Patrick and Elaine's chemistry more than I liked Derek and Mel's. In Derek and Mel’s story, the chemistry between them was burning sparks of fireworks. In this book, Patrick and Elaine’s were fucking rocket ships! The moment they met, I just knew I would love them as a couple. I loved that they met in a tame manner that escalated into something hot, intense, and memorable encounter. There was a burning physical attraction but there was more tenderness and depth than a pure sexual one.
            The progress of the story never failed to surprise me. I love the twist and turns, the curiosity that builds up as the story progresses and the emotions that are awakened when the scenes are playing out. The author really knows how to tug at hearts. She knew how to address emotions that are needed in the scene. With the amount of books that I’ve read, I seldom get shocked and feel so much but this book did both. It has a tinge of reality that you wouldn’t expect. Some facts were hard to accept in a book but then you’ll learn to accept them because they’re part of the reason why the book was beautiful. I love this story. Patrick and Elaine are characters that I will treasure. I just wish they had a baby of their own other than Lane. They deserve one. </3
 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.