Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: One to Love (One to Hold #4) by Tia Louise

SYNOPSIS:
 
It’s the one thing Kenny and Slayde have in common. Until the night Fate throws them together and everything changes.

Their chemistry is undeniable, their love blazing hot, but is history destined to repeat itself?

It’s a story about fighting. It’s about falling in love. It’s about losing everything only to find it again in the least likely place. And it's about the one hit you never see coming.

 
MY REVIEW:
This is the fourth book of the One to Hold series and I'd have to confess that it just became my favorite of the series—-maybe even one of my favorite books!

Kenny was a character that immediately took my interest when I met her in One to Keep but she was also a character that I had a hard time warming up to because I was on Elaine's side and it kind of hurt me when she had a baby with Patrick. I know, I know, that was judgmental of me but it’s the first time I’ve read something like that so just give me a chance to absorb it, ayt? I just cannot help but be jealous for Elaine when Patrick shared something so special (a cutiepatootie baby Lane) with Kenny that he doesn’t have with Elaine (Please give them a baby, Miss Tia :(). I guess you could say that I was joining Elaine with the process of accepting the situation. Anyway, whatever holding back I had on Kenny’s character was completely erased by this story. When I found out she had a story, I was very interested on how the author will ease my mind. And my, I wasn’t disappointed!

This story just ruined me in a way that I haven’t been ruined before. It enslaved me from the moment I opened the first page until I was happily sobbing at the end. It had me flipping pages at odd hours because I just can’t let Slayde and Kenny go! I don’t know why but the moment I read the name of Kenny’s hero, I already felt the spark. I loved how the unspoken attraction between them played wonderfully, enflaming each page with an effortless spark of passion and desire. It was impossible to tell myself, “One last chapter and I’ll sleep” because I wasn’t even mindful of the time while I was reading it. There was a combination of wanting to know what will happen and the reluctance to let Slayde and Kenny go. I love everything about them; their scars, tattoos, stories, pains, past, fears, every fucking perfect thing! I was presented with so many new raw emotions in this story that it successfully embarked its characters in my mind (in my life, even). I will think of them when I see daisies and lilies, I will think of them when I see heart tattoos, and I will probably think of them when I see a couple holding hands.

The progress of the story was passion-filled, emotional, and unpredictable. It will draw all possible emotions out and will render you breathless with unexpected twists and revelations. The conflict of the story blew me away and caused a strong surge of pain in my chest. Each emotion was so honest and affective that you’ll find yourself feeling and experiencing with the characters. The story had the right amount of everything and even more. Each page will pull you deeper in the story and drown you in emotions that will render you ruined. I am ruined, Tia Louise. Thank you.

So far, this is Tia Louise’s best!


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.