Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: No Limits (Ultimate #1) by Lori Foster


SYNOPSIS:

Cannon Colter is quintessential hero material: chiseled jawline, shredded body—the works. He’s also the guy who rescued Yvette Sweeny from kidnappers, only to put an end to her romantic dreams. These days, she’s older, smarter, determined to face whatever life throws her way. Even the prospect of sharing a house and business with Cannon.

Cannon knew Yvette wanted him three years ago. But she was young—and some things are worth waiting for. Thrown together by her grandfather’s legacy, he realizes how deep Yvette’s scars really go, and how much danger lurks in their quiet town. As pent-up desire explodes between them, protecting her becomes the only fight that matters. And he’ll break all the rules to do it…

MY REVIEW:
 
It was so carefully written, every scene bearing all appropriate and perfect words to stir the right kinds of emotions. It was cinematic, each character and scene clear as a motion picture. Lori Foster’s writing prowess never bores. It will make you read and read and disable your capability of stopping. I started reading it over the 4 hours of travel from our house to the city, while I was eating dinner, and the moment I finished the book, it was 4 in the morning. I. CAN’T. PUT. IT. DOWN. It made me forget time! And when I finished the book, I was like, “Oh. Hello, real world.” It was so consuming that I felt like I was completely detached from reality and brought right into Cannon and Yvette’s world! I remember being in Mary’s place (even if she’s an itching B) being able to touch Cannon’s biceps.. Gewd Lord.

There were three reasons behind my unstoppable drive to read No Limits: (1) Yvette’s character background had me flipping pages, (2) Every chapter will leave you wanting for more, and (3) the progress of the story is just too interesting to put down! Every single page was a delight!

Besides Cannon and Yvette’s moments, I love when Cannon meets with Armie or the guys! It’s so fun, I remember grinning ear to ear with every scene.

Lori Foster knows her men. The characterization of the guys are so awesome, I can hear corresponding male character voices in my head! They are so clear in my mind that I can almost hear them arguing.
Yvette is a very “relatable” character. Reading the story was more heartfelt because her character felt so real, as if she represented a certain part of every woman. Cannon is exactly the kind of hero I want to read. He’s a man oozing with physical maleness, sex appeal, and strength but he’s also a caring brother, friend, and boyfriend. He possessed the perfect balance of a perfect book hero. He just became my favorite hero….as of now. But honestly, I think Armie is my kind of guy! Can’t wait for his story!

Overall, No Limits was great! Too great! It Has everything a lover of romance wants in a book. It’s romantic, sexy, fun, action-packed, interesting, and it has a certain degree of psychology within the characters that made the story more interesting

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.