Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: Dare to Submit (Dare to Love #4 by Carly Phillips)

SYNOPSIS:
Decklan Dare knows about the unexpected loss of loved ones and for this reason, he values control in all areas of his life. Amanda Collins enjoys the freedom she finds in casual encounters without the emotional connection a relationship brings. They meet and their physical attraction is mutual but both experience feelings that could run deeper – if they drop their guard and let each other in. Decklan is first to trust, but when he discovers the secret Amanda’s been hiding, will he forgive? Or will he rebuild every wall before she has a chance to explain?

MY REVIEW: 5 Hot Stars
        
       I have been a fan of Carly Phillips for five years and I have read almost all of her works. I must admit that I was quite reluctant to read the Dare Series because they were categorized as erotica and I felt like I was just not ready “yet” to venture further into that genre. But I told myself, “Hey, this is Carly Phillips. Would you even doubt her works?” The answer was obvious so I took a leap of faith and read the books

      Dare to Submit is the latest Dare book. It’s the latest and it’s the HOTTEST (had to type that in uppercase because lowercase won’t give justice to its hotness level). The Dare series seems to be escalating in terms of hotness with every book. It started with Dare to Love as being a warm and sassy Carly Phillips book, things went a little hotter in Dare to Desire, escalating to a blazing Dare to Surrender. Dare to submit, on the other hand, was like the friggin height of global warming! It was sizzling, consuming, entertaining, sassy and impossible to put down. Every page burns and sizzles with her amazing writing style. In the middle of this slight change of genre, there’s Carly Phillips written all over it. The tight family ties, awesome characterization, witty dialogues, a tinge of psychology, and sensually sizzling love scenes. Only this time, the love scenes burn. B-U-R-N.

      Carly Phillips reminds me again why I love reading her. But with the Dare Series, it’s a new Carly Phillips. It’s Carly Phillips, inflamed. And in Dare to Submit, it’s Carly Phillips, scorching.

     Must-read series! I can’t wait for Olivia and Dylan!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.