Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: One to Protect (One to Hold #3) by Tia Louise

SYNOPSIS:
 
When Sloan Reynolds beats criminal charges, Melissa Jones stops believing her wealthy, connected ex-husband will ever pay for what he did to her. Derek Alexander can't accept that--a tiny silver scar won't let him forget, and as a leader in the security business, he is determined to get the man who hurt his fiancée.

Then the body of a former call girl turns up dead. She's the breakthrough Derek's been waiting for, the link to Sloan's sordid past he needs. But as usual, legal paths to justice have been covered up or erased.

Derek's ready to do whatever it takes to protect his family when his partner Patrick Knight devises a plan that changes everything. It's a plan that involves coloring outside the lines and taking a walk on the dark side. It goes against everything on which Alexander-Knight, LLC, is based. And it's a plan Derek's more than ready to follow.

 
MY REVIEW:
 
  The scarceness that that I felt in One to Hold was completely filled by this book and gave me even more. I realized that the first book really had the slight intention to make readers feel unfulfilled because One to Protect will fill all the holes. The moment I read the first scene of the book I knew it was already going to be a 5-star read.

In One to Protect, I got deeper into Derek and Melissa's life and entered places that I searched for in the first book. Here, I saw more of Derek's past as much as Melissa's on the first book. And my, I loved Derek more! His tenderness towards Melissa tickled all my romantic bones. The little things they shared as a couple sustained the romance 'til the end. I loved getting into their heads and knowing them more

The author's expertise with words still entertains and I must say, it got better! I didn't even notice it was already three in the morning when I finished the book! The story will keep you flipping pages with the mixture of suspense, romance, curiosity, anticipation, heat, and in my case, the undeniable bloodlust to have Sloan's dick cut off. It didn’t happen in the book, though. But my, was I very satisfied with what happened to that asshole!

The story took me to new heights. The author has successfully shocked me and I thought I am already immune to shock with all the books I’ve read. The writing was flawlessly honest, direct, and hits the right kind of emotion needed in every scene. Tia Louise gets better and better!


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.