Sunday, December 21, 2014

Book Review: All I Want (Alabama Summer #2) by J. Daniels

SYNOPSIS:
Luke Evans is a heartbreaker.
I didn’t want to give mine to him. Not when he kept me out.
He gave me enough, just enough to make me fall in love with him. I say this to convince myself. But I know the truth.
I would’ve fallen in love with him at a distance.
Handing my heart over to Luke was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. I was naive when I wished for more, when I hoped he wanted the same things I did.
I try to hate him. I try to forget him.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is a ruthless bitch, and I’m her latest victim.

Tessa Kelly is a man-eater.
When she sets her sights on you, she doesn’t just consume your heart, she goes for your soul.
What we had was perfect, real, and all I would ever want.
But she destroyed it.
She destroyed us.
I try to hate her. I try to forget her.
But it’s not that easy.
Love is for people who have hope, and I have none.
 

MY REVIEW:
I totally love this one better than the first book! J. Daniels knows how to keep a reader entertained because the moment I read it, I was glued. The tug and release happening between Luke and Tessa has kept me turning pages, anticipating the time when both of them will finally succumb to their real feelings...well, at least most of that should come from Luke.

I liked Tessa on Ben and Mia’s story but I saw her there as a happy-go-lucky, careless, and a girl who just wants to have fun. But in this story, I found a deeper woman in her. A woman who wants to settle down, have babies, and be loved back by the man she loved with the same honesty and intensity that she had for him. Tessa turned out to be a very relatable character. In Where I Belong, there was a side story there that Tessa thought she was pregnant with Luke’s baby and broke up with him when he admitted that he didn’t want a family. In All I Want, she struggles with the need to forget the man she loved, thinking sex with other guys will set her feelings for him free. Nice try, love, but even I can’t forget Luke Hot Cop Evans.

Luke Evans has been in hell for 12 years caused by his mother’s death and how his father used alcohol as a means of coping. He never added relationships to that set of burden. Not until he met Tessa. He was smart enough to know she was something special and important in his life but he wasn’t stupid enough to drag her into that dump-of-a-life he had. And the only solution he thought was to prevent her from getting into his life. He wanted out but the problem was, Tessa wanted in.

The pain and resistance between Luke and Tessa was what really kept me glued. Miss Daniels’ writing is so precise but light. It states exactly what feelings are like that at some point, I could really feel Tessa’s pain and found myself hurting and crying with her. There were many times when I found Luke unreasonable and wanted to hit him with a rock so he would see logic! Because dammit, Tessa deserved all of him because she gave all of her! See how affected I am?

I think this book would suit those who love a mix of sweet romance and something that sizzles. It has the right amount of hotness to be considered a contemporary adult romance but the romance was sweet and light that I think young adults will also enjoy. J. Daniels is a new writer I will definitely look out for!


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.