Thursday, June 23, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels


Title: Say You'll Stay
Author: Corinne Michaels
Series: Return to Me #1
Release Date: June 20, 2016

BLURB

One word. 
Stay. 

It was all he had to do. Instead, he got on that bus and took my heart with him. 

That was seventeen years ago. 

I moved on. Marriage. Kids. White picket fence. Everything I ever wanted, but my husband betrayed me and I was left once again. 

Alone, penniless, and with two boys, I had no choice but to return to Tennessee. He wasn’t supposed to be there. I should’ve been safe. However, fate has a way of stepping in.

This time around, the tables are turned. It’s my decision. Second chances do exist, but I don’t know if we can repair what’s already been broken . . .

** This is a STANDALONE ** 


MY REVIEW
4.5/5 STARS

Corinne Michaels does it again. I am now surrendering myself to everything this woman writes. Say You’ll Stay was an emotionally consuming read, an answer to all of my romance cravings. Sexy, emotional, and sweet. One of the most addicted second-chance romances I've read!

She’s the reason I haven’t been able to move forward in my life. I’ve tried to live, love again, but it never compared. She fucking ruined me.

Presley Benson never thought she was slowly falling until she reached rock bottom. One minute she was a happily married mom of twins and in a blink of an eye, she was suddenly a broke widow who had nowhere to go. My heart broke for Presley a couple of times in this book. But more than the pain and the tears, I applauded her courage and selflessness. I also loved how more parts of her were unraveled when she went back to the town who held most of who she was. 

Zach is engrained so deep in my soul I don’t know how to expunge him.

Zachary Hennington had a taste of his dreams. And ironically, that seems to be only thing life offered him; a taste of his baseball dream, a taste of life outside of his hometown, a taste of freedom. There was one taste, though, that he’ll never ever get enough of. Presley Benson. Zachary Hennington was swoon and sexy multiplied to a thousand. Everything this man does and say steals a woman’s logic. But more than his good looks and talent, his loyalty and sincerity was what swayed me more. 

“No, darlin’,” he says. “We never fuck. Even when we’re rough.” Zach’s fingers grip my hips, digging into the flesh. “Even when it’s fast, hard, and completely out of control.” He leans forward so we’re chest to chest. He takes a fistful of my locks in his hands and tugs. “I’m always loving you.”

I love love second-chance romances. And the way Corinne Michaels drove this soulfully sweet read just made me love it more! From start to finish, there was this addictive aura of nostalgia that seeped right into my romantic bones and made it super hard to let go. But beside the overpowering romantic feels in this book, it also held a tinge of drama that had me sobbing so hard just 2% in the book. 2 effing percent! I loved everything this book made me feel; from the gut-quenching revelations to the toe-curling moments to the sexy secret moments! Definitely a must-read! #SaveAHorseRideAHennington

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.