Saturday, June 4, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Your Mess is Mine by Stephanie Alba


Title: Your Mess is Mine
Author: Stephanie Alba
Release Date: May 31, 2016

BLURB

I don't trust people who follow their hearts. 

Hearts are peculiar things. They're necessary muscles that keep us alive by pumping blood and oxygen into our veins. Hearts are also compulsory, often making us foolish. They pull us towards others with a force that aches, burns, and satiates you all at once. 

Before you know it that mass of tissue is no longer yours.

Maybe mine never was.

In my case, that draw came from a stranger that left my heart feeling both fulfilled and consumed.

I didn't expect to fight her for the last standby seat to New York City. I didn't plan on letting her get under my skin. Or the way her vulnerability tore me up inside and compelled me to care for her. She didn't plan on letting me witness her chaos.

Her anxious heart and my perfectionist mind let things get messy.

And though we didn't plan for it, our interrupting of each others' lives was exactly what we needed.

Sometimes the mess is the most beautiful part of life. 

MY REVIEW
Five our Five Superfeels Stars!

This one is a definite gem for me. There’s something so raw and so real with the way the characters were written that had me reveling on every word in this book. Your Mess is Mine will make a mess of your heart and it surely isn’t the kind of mess you’ll want to fix. 

Margo had completely vandalized my life. She had no clue she'd made a mess of the order I'd always possessed, and for the first time ever I was okay with being a little messy.

Once and for all, Margo wanted to be in charge of her life. She wanted a breath of fresh air that is free of judgment and doubt. But little did she know that there was something harder than being judged and doubted--falling and trusting at the same time. Margo was such a thrilling character. I loved exploring her realness and her poignancy. At first she seemed like a free-spirited young woman who enjoyed life in any way she can. But as the story progressed, her depth was slowly being revealed and I found out the free-spirited woman she appeared was in truth a caged bird of her own sufferings. 

I thought I knew what he wanted, but the way his mouth stamped itself on my skin was unexpected. It was actually more. It dared me to forget, while taunting me to remember.

Hudson knew exactly what kind of man he was; driven, hard-working and controlled. He preferred things in order. He never carried that level of seriousness into a relationship, though. At least, not until he met the most beautiful mess he was willing to lose himself into. Now Hudson is a rare kind of book boyfriend for me. Something that perfectly balances a real and a dreamy hero. He had his imperfections but his love is perfect. 

I need the heart that goes with your body and, more than anything, I want you to desire mine.

This book really touched base with all of my emotions. It was such an unpredictable read, starting off with a sweet and funny aura and then it slowly progressed to a deeper, more poignant prose. Miss Steph’s writing is fluid and engaging, making every scene palpable. The underlying topic on depression adding up to the realness of this book was an eye-opener; a chance for every reader to really get into the gravity of what is a commonly misunderstood disorder. I loved this book so much!


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.