Saturday, June 4, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Hurricane by Nicole Hart


Title: The Hurricane
Author: Nicole Hart
Release Date: June 1, 2016

BLURB

I'm Natalie Taylor.

First and foremost, I'm a mother. My job is to protect her. That's what a mom does. For so long, it's only been the two of us. But then he walked back into my life and turned it upside down. I let him in. I let my guard down. I didn't just let it down, I let him shatter it. Hoping every second he didn't shatter me.

I'm Ryker Hamilton.

I spent years of my life fighting. Fighting for fun. Fighting for pride. Fighting for domination. But those days are over. I'm not proud of my past, that's why I've done everything to leave it behind. But my roots run deep. Whether I like it or not, it's who I am. I'm The Hurricane.

The following story contains strong language and sexual situations. It is intended for an adult audience and is not suitable for children. 

MY REVIEW
4 of 5 stars

This is the first Nicole Hart book that I read and I really enjoyed it! The characters were equally stimulating and the story had a pull that had me reading this book in one sitting. The Hurricane was a hot, fast-paced, and exhilarating read! 

Meeting twelve years ago on spring break, Ryker and Natalie shared a passionate encounter that left the two of them hanging when it had to end. Now twelve years later, the pent-up fire between them was finally ignited and this time, there was no turning back. But what is passion without trust? What is love without sacrifices? Ryker and Natalie will both find out that the real strength of love is not when you fight for the other but when you fight together. 

This one started a bit too fast-paced for me, but it simmered out in the middle. The plot was concise and the characters were developed which made the book easy to read and enjoy. It was a fun and steamy read, highly stimulating and there was even a bonus of cuteness in it. The Hurricane is a total package for me, given how short it is. There’s steam, romance, fun, cuteness, and a tinge of drama that I think sums up everything a romance reader seeks! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.