Monday, January 18, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Defenseless by Corinne Michaels

Title: Defenseless
Author: Corinne Michaels
Series: The Salvation Series #5
Genre: Contemporary Romance, 
Romantic Suspense

Blurb
My life is a secret.
His life is dangerous.
We’re both stubborn, calculating, and controlling.
Mark Dixon doesn’t know what he’s getting into. He doesn’t know his games could cost us our lives. I have to do what is necessary to keep us alive, and that means guarding my heart.
But I know I’m defenseless against him, and in the end, he’ll force me to surrender.

My Review
5/5 stars

This book is a fucking bomb! It has kept me up on the wee hours of the morning and forced me to abandon anything else but Mark and Charlie. I hereby declare today as the day Corinne Michaels completely owned me. Defenseless is deffffinitely one of my top books this year!! 

“I rev your engine, baby. I speak your language. I’m your weapon of choice.” 

Mark Dixon just became my ultimate favorite among these guys (Sorry Muff and Dreamboat!). That mouth of his do wonders that I can’t get enough of. He's funny, sexy, smooth, and downright loyal. Mark is a light character with a whole lot of depth, valor, and sincerity. He’s definitely a hero who could charm the hardest of hearts. 

I’d sell my soul if she asked. 

Now Charlie Erickson is more than just charms and sass. This woman is 100% badass. I can’t count the number of times that she’s floored me with her words. She’s so constantly entertaining and fierce. Her movements were always calculated but I reveled on the times when she lost herself in Mark. 

“You and I, we’re fire, baby. And I’m about to burn you to the ground.” 

Defenseless was an intensely consuming read. May it be with the explosive heat Mark and Charlie had going on or with the enlivening mystery of the plot, this book is just pure magic. Miss Corinne knows how to make the readers beg and yet still make every word sear deep. Guard your heart, ladies, Mark Dixon and Charlie Erickson make a good team in breaking people’s defenses!!! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.