Friday, July 29, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Burn by Elisabeth Grace


Title: Burn 
Author: Elisabeth Grace
Series: Book 2 of the Duplicity Duet 
Release Date: July 26, 2016

B L U R B 

Love is just a word until someone enters your life and gives it meaning.

"No"
One word.
Two letters.
But those two letters changed everything.
It was impossible to predict the impact I would have on the life of the only woman I'd ever truly loved. No way to know that I would result in her ruin.
I’d suffer for eternity with the knowledge that it was me who brought devastation to her doorstep.
Though I deserved the anguish I felt, to see her suffer was unacceptable.
I would fix this.
Somehow I would prove to her that I wasn't the monster she thought I was.
Even if it meant becoming a monster in order to make that happen.


M Y   R E V I E W 
5/5 stars!

After reading Hook, I experienced one of the greatest cliffy hangover I’ve ever had. I felt like I was going to be free-falling, unsure of what to feel, until I’ve read Burn . And when I did, man, was I blown away! Elisabeth Grace shredded this story with an all-out angsty, suspenseful fill that had me on the tip of my toes!

“Amore mio, some rocks turn to dust under pressure. You have transformed into a diamond.”

A mother bereft of a son is like an angel bereft of her goodness. If Emily did everything to keep her son alive, now, Brandi would make sure everything who touched him will burn. It was both heartbreaking and epic to watch Emily strut with revenge. There were hard-to-read scenes in the book that made it essentially poignant. Emily’s pain and selfless love were both palpable, driving the already angst-filled plot with a more gripping streak. I loved this woman’s courage. 

“You don’t hate me, tesoro. You hate the fact that you still want me, and I’m going to prove it to you.”

The only way to break Marco was to break the family he’s come to love. And to see them wither in their own way killed the remaining compassion he had in his heart. He played the pawn before, now he will unleash a beast they will never forget. It was amazing how felt Marco’s tenderness (and hotness) was even when he was seeking for vengeance. Even when he wanted to avenge, there was a distinct part of him that gave off his good heart. And that marvelous mix of sturdy, dependable alpha, and affectionate, loyal man was utterly consuming. 

“Sei diventata il mio mondo.”“You became my entire world.”

The grip I felt at the end of Hook was successfully sustained when I started reading Burn. The intense run of Elisabeth Grace’s words seeped right into my skin, making every scene so raw and fully felt. There were scenes that are so hard to read but those just really added to the unique experience this book brought. It was suspenseful, raw, angsty, emotional, and genuine all at the same time! Burn was a consuming read; a break from the ideally-driven romantic suspense, but a bone-deep romance all the same. 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.