Monday, July 13, 2015

5-star ARC REVIEW: Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

 ==========
SYNOPSIS 
==========
My life changed forever the night my husband died.
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.

But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.

My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.

===========
MY REVIEW
=========== 
5/5 STARS 

SPOILER ALERT! ULTIMATE ONE SO BACK OFF IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET SCREWED BEFORE MEETING CREW.

Adriana Locke is a bloody genius and she deserves at least twenty bestseller label shiz on her books! Her attack on Crew's story is sooo different from Max and Cane that I'm totally blown away. Crew was raw, angsty, gripping, and total badass while Max and Cane shared more streaks of sweet and asshole. But don't get me wrong, I love all of them equally. She beautifully established these two different themes with the same amount of intensity, just with different emotions being attacked. She built little heartbreaks in Max and Cane but she built heart attacks on Crew. I'm so fucking amazed at how different Crew was from Cane and Max but how she fucking left ADRIANA LOCKE on each of them. She has a freaking imprint that I looove so much!!!! I can't wait to see what else she’s got in store for us on her future books!!! *coughs* Connor *coughs* Will.
...he’s never fought for the right things.

Crew Gentry screwed up too many times. He fought too many battles but he lost in the ones that matter. He used his fists perfectly and knew exactly how to move inside the cage. But the battle he was about to go through has soul, his heart, and his future at stake... Adriana Locke is clearly built to write about fighters, in all sense of that word! Crew encapsulated a real hero, tainted by wrong decisions but driven by love and courage. I loved every little bit of him!

The strongest people are the ones that fight the battles no one sees.

Julia Gentry lost too many people in her life. She had to guard the only one she had—her daughter, Ever. But it seemed like Crew Gentry also stole a huge part of her little girl...along with the remaining pieces of her battered little heart. Julia sort of annoyed me at first but I later understood her stand. She was a fighter of her own, fighting a battle no one sees. Julia, on the other hand, sort of annoyed me at first but I understood her stand. She was a woman who lost a lot and she can't lose more. I love how Miss Addy made her vulnerable with her doubts but made her strong with faith and love. She was a beautiful mother. And Ever, gaaahhhd, Ever. She's a Gentry through and through. That little fighter steals my heart each time she fought with a true warrior’s heart.

“I’d rather fight with you than love anyone else.”

The characterization and chemistry is ahhhh-mazing!!!! Miss Addy established, developed, and connected everything well! Even with the "hate" between Julia and Crew at the beginning of the book, their connection was immediately and strongly felt. I loved that they had a past and loved each other fiercely without making Gage "underloved". And gaah, the plot was soooo gripping! It's just not possible to put it down without having a constant voice whispering, "knock knock motherfucker" in my head! (note: I love that line and I would've had it made into a shirt if only it won't shock my mom to death). The way she placed each chapter clawed with my head and I love it when that happens (it rarely does now, with the amount of books I've read). Especially the last few chapters!!!! Gaaah. I'm so sorry, Miss Addy, but I did mutter, "Damn you, Adriana Locke," at some point near the last chapter but don't doubt that I love you even if you fucked with my head and caused drastic threats of asphyxiation while I was reading this book. Did I love it? UNDERFUCKINGSTATEMENT OF THE YEAR!!! Let's just say I love it but multiply it to 1000 or 100000.

FIVE KNOCK KNOCK MOTHERFUCKING STARS FROM ME!!!!!!!! 

 photo sig_zpsqlz7ugii.jpg

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.