Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Love Nouveau by B.L. Berry

 photo synopsisx2_zpsn9mcb3rl.jpg

The only thing inevitable in love is despair.

I knew from the start that he would wreck me.
Nothing could have prepared me for the day he walked into my life ...
or the day he walked out of it.

I self-destructed.

All that remained was a shell of the girl I once was.
SHATTERED.

And I don't know if I'll ever recover.



 photo add to goodreads_zps1gccft52.jpg

   photo my review_zps0x5y6u94.jpg  photo 4 stars_zpscjedlyqw.jpg

I must initially admit that it took me a couple of pages before I actually gotten into this story. But when I finally did, my, the experience blew me away. The twists and turns of this story lie between pleasantly predictable to utterly unexpected. Made more enchanting by B.L. Berry’s meaningful characters and her moving writing prose, Love Nouveau took me into a journey of love, doubts, distance, and self-discovery.

“It feels like I’ve known you a lifetime. And knowing you like I know you is to love you completely.”

Ivy Phillips never did what she was expected to do. She always followed her heart more than her family’s expectations. But when she met a certain guy and clouded her usually-right heart, she didn’t know what else to do but to fall for him completely. Ivy was a free-spirit. She was refreshing and poignant and the same time. I loved the goodness she hid so well and the strength she showed in every situation she falls in. Her character was very real and I enjoyed learning with her in this story.

Everything I feel for him is an extreme of passionate emotion. Hate. Love. There is no in between.

Phoenix was a man who knew what he wanted. He was grounded, self-assured, and honest. So when he met Ivy and his soul immediately spoke of love and forever, he knew he just had to get the girl. I loved every speck of Phoenix. His mind was so sexy and his words were so moving and insightful. His charm was effortless and his character will quietly sneak into you and steal your heart. He’s a dreamy book boyfriend but it’s so possible that someone like him could be living next to you.

I fall into this kiss…
Fall into him…
Fall for him.


I really loved it that the connection between Ivy and Phoenix was slow yet utterly deep. It was sparked by attraction but it was made deeper by a bond, sort of like a friendship, rather than mere physical attraction. There wasn’t plenty of hot love scenes but there was definitely something about the series of simple words and gestures exchanged by the main characters that made their chemistry hot and passionate.

The story actually started out as a typical one; easy, posing no threat of excessive heartbreaks with characters equally interesting and possessed corresponding degrees of brokenness. But as the story progresses, the plot thickens and before I knew it, I was being mind-fucked! I absolutely love Phoenix and Ivy. They were a couple bound by their souls and enflamed by a connection that could overcome distance and doubts. I can’t wait for the next one!
   photo sig_zpsqlz7ugii.jpg

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.