Friday, April 24, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Art & Soul by Brittainy C. Cherry


 photo synopsisx2_zpsn9mcb3rl.jpg

I had always been the invisible art student in high school.
Passed by. Glossed over. Unnoticed.
Now I was Aria Watson… that girl.

After one bad decision, and being labeled a slut, I was no longer unseen. I was the whore. The ignoramus. The tramp.
I would never be invisible again.

Particularly to Levi Myers. He was the odd boy with the beautiful soul who accepted and understood the broken girl inside me.

Falling in love wasn’t the plan. But how could I resist his promises of hope? Of forgiveness? Of a future I had stopped dreaming of?

We were shattered. We were scarred. We were something strange and beautiful.

We were two lost souls holding on to the only thing that could keep us together.

Each other. 

   photo my review_zps0x5y6u94.jpg  photo 5 stars_zpsasbunmef.jpg

poignant
adjective poi•gnant \ˈpȯi(g)-nənt\

1. pungently pervasive
2. a: painfully affecting the feelings
    b: designed to make an impression
3. pleasurably stimulating

Poignant is my favourite word and it perfectly sums up this book. Brittainy C. Cherry did it again; broke me, mended me, made me laugh, made me have fun, broke me again, mended me again, and made me enjoy every bit of every surge of that rollercoaster ride of emotions. Versed perfectly by her stirring writing prose and her uniquely delightful characters, I hereby declare Art & Soul a five-star #bookgasm.

She was the rainbow to my everlasting thunderstorms. 
 
Aria Watson’s life as the artistically gifted invisible girl in school was doing great. Well, until she got knocked up by the guy who told her she was cute. Aria was her own abstract. Her personality was filled with so much color that it formed what seemed to be a facade of beautiful disarray. And it takes a closer look and a deeper connection to fully appreciate her story and beauty. I loved and admired every color she has. 

... his weird persona was so far from his hot exterior. He was his own oxymoron. 
 
Levi Myers was good at looking and being good. With a messy life and separated parents, Levi sought beauty at everything. He was a beautiful mix of tunes that melodically jives with any kind of reader. He was hot, funny, charming, and had his own quirks that made me love him more. But aside from Levi’s pleasant and easy personality, what struck me the most was his story and how it shaped him to be this utterly brilliant man that he is at seventeen.

I loved him with no regrets of yesterday and no fears of tomorrow. I loved him in the moment, quietly, with secret whispers of love that only our young spirits could comprehend.

I loved every bit of this book. Brittainy C. Cherry has a way of drawing readers with her words, slowly at first, and then all at once. I never saw what will happen, and even if I did know her for her heartbreaking twists, I wholeheartedly surrendered myself to the experience. There’s something about how Brittainy C. Cherry writes feelings that I can’t seem to help but lay limp and succumbed to whatever it is...and still love every bit of it.

And then of course, there are her wonderfully bizarre characters. If there was one author who knew how to create unique and utterly lovable characters, it’s Brittainy C. Cherry. What I loved that most was that it wasn’t solely focused on the romance between Levi and Aria. It’s a book about love, in all forms and manner, enriched further by significant characters that had equally moving stories as the main characters.

Art & Soul was like an experience and Brittainy C. Cherry taught it creatively and wonderfully. She poignantly showed the beauty of the things we normally ignore. This book rendered me speechless and yet I couldn’t stop talking about its beauty.

   photo sig_zpsqlz7ugii.jpg

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.