Monday, February 29, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Sticks by T. Gephart


Title: Sticks
Author: T. Gephart
Series: Black Addiction #2
Release Date: February 29, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Blurb

Kenzie Clark had made plenty of mistakes. Who cared? Life was all about the journey, and if you couldn’t enjoy the ride then what was the point. The tough-talking guitarist from Brooklyn, NY worked hard so she could play even harder. But some mistakes weren’t so easy to walk away from. Joey Shaw, drummer for Black Addiction, was exactly that kind of a mistake.

How could one night of fun turn into a life long commitment? That’s exactly what Joey was asking himself when Kenzie showed up a few weeks later—the soon-to-be baby bump with his name written all over it. He could barely tie his shoes; how in the hell was he going to raise a kid?

With neither of them ready to become parents, it was always going to be a difficult, but there was no way either of them were walking away. Come hell or high water, they were having this baby—together.

Hopefully they would both be still standing by the birth.

My Review
4.5/5 stars

It's impossible to pick a favorite among T. Gephart's always-entertaining bunch but I gotta say, Joey had me bad when I met him in book one of the Black Addiction series. He was a hot, cocky drummer who says the most outrageous things. Sticks was definitely a refreshingly fun read that I couldn't put down even if I tried. 

Kenzie. The girl who’d knocked me on my ass and completely claimed my heart. 

Kenzie simply didn't do the clingy one-night-stand thing most girls do. So when she found out that she was carrying Little Shaw inside her, she wanted to keep it cool. But keeping it cool with a man as hot as Joey Shaw was definitely going to be a challenge. Kenzie is the epitome of the kind of women I love to read about. She was fierce, confident, and independent. I loved how tough she could get but how sweet and vulnerable she allows herself to be when she was with Joey. 

“I would have given up jerking off just to kiss you tonight.” 

Joey Shaw might not always know the right things to say but he sure as hell knew being a part of his baby's life was the right thing to do. It felt right, too. Joey was a constant source of entertainment in this series. His ridiculous thoughts and ideas kept me up and laughing (sometimes at inappropriate places), forgetting the time and place where I was reading. But other than being the not-so-bright drummer of Black Addiction and the renowned manwhore that he is, Joey was genuine and sweet. And damn, nothing is sexier than a man who knows responsibility.

"I know there aren’t enough miles in the world to change the way I feel.” 

Joey and Kenzie's tandem lit a thousand kinds of sparks in this book. Yes, they were hot together, but what I really looked forward to were the times when they just talked and did parent stuffs together. I loved the easy and light spark of their chemistry, and reveled on the simmering heat they shared. Overall, this book was a light, entertaining read. The plot showed a lot of potential but the depth of the conflict, for me, was a little less than I expected. Nevertheless, this book just constantly had me hooked and satisfied. 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.