Sunday, September 13, 2015

NEW RELEASE & REVIEW: Captivated by a Lady's Charm by Christi Caldwell

TITLE: Captivated by a Lady's Charm
AUTHOR: Christi Caldwell
SERIES: Lords of Honor #2
RELEASE DATE: September 12, 2015
AMAZONNOOK iBOOKSKOBO
 

MY REVIEW
4.5/5 STARS

Another gem from Miss Christi Caldwell! She really lives up to my expectation each time I pick up one of her new books. Captivated by a Lady's Heart was like a waltz; slow, intimate, and warm with unexpected turns of emotions and events. Although her familiar, sweet, and ever-loved characters continue to enchants, Miss Caldwell gets better and better!

This woman fit not at all into the plans forced upon him as marquess and yet she drew him like a Siren hopelessly battering him at sea.

Lady Prudence Tidemore has already accustomed herself into tapping her foot into the music of the waltz, content by just imagining herself dancing. Tainted by the scandalous acts of love her brother and sisters have gone through, she found herself in a doubtful situation of gaining a husband. Pru was a refreshing character. She might be shackled by the scandals of her siblings but she was a free soul. I admired her quick wit and free mind, honesty, and passion.



At best he was a rogue. At worst he was a coward.

Marquess of St. Cyr, the title Christian Villiers have recently filled in, brought less than the grandness of its title. It brought an insurmountable amount of debt and the fastest and only solution he had was to marry a lady with a fat dowry. Christian was a great mix of bravery and fear. His firm and devoted hold on making sure his family was in a good state was admirable, but I revelled on the time when he would slip into the sweet and caring man than he really was. I love the contrast of his confidence and brokenness. Although his strength as a hero wasn’t dependent on his title and power, Christian still possessed the endearing strength of valour and devotion.

“I was not supposed to care. I did not want to find a woman who cared for me and respected me, but you were always there and I always wanted you to be there.”

The book was continuously delightful. There wasn't a part of it that bore me. The plot was generally light and easy-going but there were certain sparks and steamy scenes that escalated the story from light to gripping. The characters were consistently interesting and their chemistry was beautifully established! I just really couldn’t put it down the moment I read it. I can’t wait for what’s next of Christi Caldwell's books!  

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.