Tuesday, February 2, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Until I'm Yours by Kennedy Ryan


TITLE: Until I'm Yours
AUTHOR: Kennedy Ryan
SERIES: The Bennett Series #4
RELEASE DATE: February 2, 2016

SYNOPSIS

Mean girl. Goddess. Bitch. Supermodel Sofie Baston has earned those labels . . . yet they don't scratch the surface of who she really is. Before she can follow her own dreams, Sophie must do her daughterly duty and reel in a "fish" for her father's business-a tall, brown-eyed entrepreneur who immediately hooks her. He's a big guy with an even bigger heart . . . but will that heart be open to Sofie once her darkest secret is revealed?

To Trevor Bishop, Sofie is a beautiful mystery he would gladly spend his life solving. He figures her tough demeanor is armor against a world that's hurt her too many times. Then Sofie's deepest wounds are reopened by the powerful, ruthless man who made them. When she musters the courage to take him down, her world shatters. Now Trevor is determined to help Sofie pick up the pieces so they can build a future together. The challenge will be convincing his ice princess that it's safe to melt in his arms . 
______________________

BOOK REVIEW
5/5 STARS

Miss Kennedy is just a complete goddess at creating characters that are unexpected, real, and yet utterly dreamy. She knows just how much pain, heat, and fun to unleash and that placed me in the perfect position to just drown in her magical prowess.

I’m a bitch on a leash that slips from time to time. Best be prepared for anything.

 Sofie Baston is definitely an unlikely character to have her own happily-ever-after. She was a first-class bitch in the first installment of this series and true enough, the bitches are usually the ones with the greatest story. My feelings for Sofie were flawlessly flipped by the marvelous play made in her character. She was as much as a princess as those good girls. She was strong and held her own broken pieces together in the best way she can. And even though she appeared shallow and selfish, Sofie contained more depth and heart than other heroines that I’ve read about.

Ah, a ginger. I’ve never had a redhead before. I’m a ginger virgin. He could pop that cherry anytime he likes.

Trevor Bishop. Honest to God, after reading this book, I cannot hear his name without swooning and melting. This panty-dropping, breath-stealing red-head is a beautiful contradiction and an extraordinary character. He carried a constant lightness throughout the book. He knows his words and always has calculated moves. Every version of this man was a sight to behold. Clever Trevor, Charming Trevor, Hot Trevor. Trevor in a Suit, Naked Trevor, I could go on and on. But my favorite Trevor will always be the one who loved selflessly and unequivocally.

“I want you embedded in my life, Sofie.” Trevor’s fingers tangle in the hair at my neck, telegraphing tingles across my scalp. “And I promise you I’m going to be embedded in yours. Nothing will shake me loose.”

These two are flame personified. Lots and lots and lots of sparks in every scene. They complement each other almost as much as they contradict each other. The tug and thrust between Trevor and Sofie just totally owned this book. Miss Kennedy flawlessly created a fiery pair of characters that were perfectly placed in an exhilarating, hot, and heart-wrenching read. No matter how many times I read it (trust me, I’ve read it more times than I should), all the effects can still be felt. Even the little sparks in between scenes still carry the same intensity.

This book was more than what I expected of Sofie’s story. But then again, that is exactly what I love about Miss Kennedy’s stories. They carry a unique streak of love, depth, and drama. This woman is definitely the queen of feels and these new characters will forever hold special part in my heart. 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.