Friday, May 13, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Shameless by Lex Martin



BLURB
Brady…

What the hell do I know about raising a baby? Nothing. Not a goddamn thing. 

Yet here I am, the sole guardian of my niece. I’d be lost if it weren’t for Katherine, the beautiful girl who seems to have all the answers. Katherine, who’s slowly finding her way into my cynical heart. 

I keep reminding myself that I can’t fall for someone when we don’t have a future. But telling myself this lie and believing it are two different things. 

Katherine…

When Brady shows up on a Harley, looking like an avenging angel—six feet, three inches of chiseled muscle, eyes the color of wild sage, and sun-kissed skin emblazoned with tattoos—I’m not sure if I should fall at his feet or run like hell. Because if I tell him what happened the night his family died, he might hate me. 

What I don’t count on are the nights we spend together trying to forget the heartache that brought us here. I promise him it won’t mean anything, that I won’t fall in love. 

I shouldn’t make promises I can’t keep.

MY REVIEW
5/5 stars

You can never really go wrong with a Lex Martin book. This woman knows how to unleash the kind of emotions that every romance reader wants to bottle up and keep. Shameless was a generally light book with heartfelt heartaches and downright sexiness. 

If you were mine, I’d take such good care of you, Brady. I would tell you how your touch lights me on fire. How your scent makes me wild. How your sarcastic mouth makes my heart hum. 

Brady Shepherd just wanted to settle his dead brother’s situation in Texas. He never really thought of staying. Well, until he met his niece who had his brother’s eyes and her babysitter who seemed to have caught his. Bray was such a beautiful contradiction. The man was rough and rowdy with his tattoos and Harley. But deep inside, her was a man whose strength centered on valor, respect, and love for his family. And well, let’s just say he’s really good at making babies taking care of babies. 

Fucking hell. This girl. Equal parts vixen and virgin. 

After the death of her best friends, Katherine Duran didn’t want to go back to the suffocating dictates of her family’s expectations. She found refuge on Melissa and Ben’s home but with both of them gone, she had no reason to stay. She just wanted to settle things before she leaves but after meeting Brady,the last thing she thought about was leaving. I love, love, loved Kat’s character. She was intelligent, funny, genuine, and sensual. A sexy mix of dirty sophistication and courageous boldness. 

I can’t dance this close to the fire and not get burned. And he’s all flame, a raging inferno that makes my skin heat and heart race. 

I loooove the tease and release between Brady and Kat! Their chemistry was well-developed and oh-so sizzling hot. Every delay was feeding my excitement and building anticipation so strong that each touch and kiss were so palpable. Shameless was a sweet and sexy contradiction that hits all the right kind of feels. 


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.