Saturday, March 26, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Fire Between High & Lo by Brittainy C. Cherry


Title: The Fire Between Fire & Lo
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Series: Elements #2
Release Date: March 25, 2016

BLURB

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

Logan Francis Silverstone was the complete opposite of me. I danced while he stood still. He was quiet, and I was always running my mouth. He struggled to find a smile while I refused to frown. 

The night I saw the darkness that truly lived inside of him, I couldn’t look away.

We were broken together, yet somehow whole. We were wrong together, but always right. We were the stars that burned across the night sky, searching for a wish, praying for better tomorrows.

Until the day I lost him. He threw us away with one hasty decision—a decision that changed us forever.

There once was a boy, and I loved him.

And for a few breaths, a few whispers, a few moments, I think he loved me, too. 

MY REVIEW
10000 FIERY STARS!!!!!

Passion was our drug, and we were addicted to the high.

Brittainy C. Cherry is an absolute slayer. Her words are fire and every scene is a consuming flame. The Fire Between High & Lo is raw, palpable, and impossible to put down. One of my top five reads this year for sure! 
“Because if you judge him solely on his few moments of lows, then you miss out on his beautiful highs.”

Logan knew he spent too much time in the dark to even know how to stay in the light. He was too caught up with his current life to even think of walking away. I cried so hard for the boy Logan was and the man that he became. He dedicated his life taking care of the people he loved even if it puts him in danger. This man was just so poignant and so real that hating him completely was impossible. His broken character was so perfectly pieced to be embarked in a reader’s heart. But his humor, his smiles, his laughs were just as remarkable. 
This girl was going to be the death of me—and by death I meant life. Because of her coming into my life, I somehow found freedom from my life’s restraints each day.

Alyssa had her own issues but her bestfriend wasn’t one of them. She had big dreams and a bigger heart. I loved her genuineness and how her fiery heart still stayed as years passed. Aly was a really relatable character. Her antics, her heart, her whole personality is a rare warmth that fits Logan perfectly. 
“You’re my greatest high.”

I felt really high when I read this book. Brittainy C. Cherry’s voice is addictive. It’s made up of hope, magic, and quite possibly unicorns. She has a purely poetic, magical prose that could lure every reader. The Fire Between High & Lo is a complete package of love, hope, heart, sorrow, fun, and family. Brittainy C. Cherry is one of the few authors who can make her readers believe in everything. Absolutely magical!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.