Monday, October 31, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Say You Want Me by Corinne Michaels




   Title: Say You Want Me
   Author: Corinne Michaels
   Series: *Can be read as a Standalone but I highly suggest you read Say You'll Stay first*
   Genre: Contemporary Romance
   Release Date: October 31, 2016




There’s no way I’ll fall for Wyatt Hennington.

He can keep his Southern drawl, irresistible smile, and those pick-up lines all to himself. I made the mistake of sleeping with him not once, but twice. I’m not stupid enough to give him round three, especially after he left me in the middle of the night so I could see myself out. I vow to return to Philadelphia and forget him.

It proves easier said than done.

When the doctor informs me I’m the winner of door prize number two, I put my life on hold and head back to Bell Buckle. Three months and if we can’t make this work, I’m gone.

The problem is—when the cards are stacked against us, and I can’t bring myself to leave him, I’ll finally know if he truly loves me or if all my fears were real . . . 





Ruined. Wyatt Hennington just ruined me for all men. After reading this book, my standard in men just reached a higher level and it can, apparently, only be reached by this Hennington. Get ready to swoon, sigh, cry, and have a good time. 

I need to possess her in the same way she possesses me.

Angie’s old flame with Wyatt Hennington was obviously still burning since no other man can put his fire off. And now that she's coming back to Tennesse, his flame might just combust her altogether. Angie might be the most vibrantly poignant heroine I’ve met. She’s a beautiful contradiction. The independence and determination built up by her strained and tragic experiences with her family empowered her feisty personality but it was also what made her vulnerable. Her realness and her spirit put an interesting touch in this book. 

My heart has only ever been one man’s—his.

Wyatt Hennington’s heart encompassed a fierce love for his family and eventually for a feisty blonde named Angie. This man’s heart was so pure and so compassionate. He puts everybody else first and sometimes everybody didn’t include himself. Wyatt’s character went straight to my heart and owned it. He was so responsible and so sincere, so honest, and man, does he know how to persuade a woman.But what really sold me to his character was his imperfections, his mistakes, and the strength he had to own them. He was raw and real and dreamy at the same time and I could not have enough of him. 

This isn’t a cease fire. This is a surrender.

There’s really something about how Corinne Michaels write that can get through every reader. Her books are easy to read and that enables a fluid, perfect transfer of emotions. The genuine way of how she drives her story always aims and scores the heart. Say You Want Me was a perfect example of it. No grandeur and faux fantasy, just straight-up heart-stealing emotions that every reader can relate to. The main characters’ chemistry was hot and titillating and all the other characters have sustained my interest to look forward to the next books. Plot-wise it was light with the right amount of drama; just enough to keep your heart pounding and your tears streaming. But you’ll definitely end it with a long sigh of satisfaction…and maybe a box of Kleenex. 

Or two.

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.