Thursday, April 7, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan


SYNOPSIS

RHYSON

She doesn't wear my ring.
We never stood before a preacher.
The only vows exchanged were between our bodies; between our souls.
But she was mine and I was hers until I ruined it. I have to believe that every day, every step, every breath brings me closer to making things right. 
To making her mine again.

KAI

I've seen promises broken. 
I know love makes no guarantees.
But things were different for Rhys and me, until he lied, and I walked away. Only there's a chain between our hearts that I can't break. Even if I forgive him, a shadow from my past hangs over us; over this love that reaches all the way down to my soul.
___________________________________________

MY REVIEW
10 FREAKING STARS

“I don’t need a ceremony, or a ring or a license.” He turns back around, eyes lit with emotion. “There’s already a vow between us that goes beyond all of that, and for you to be with anyone else would be adultery of the soul.”


I’m continually in awe of Kennedy Ryan’s voice in the romance genre. Her ability to completely consume her readers with her soulful voice and real characters just gets better and better with every book. I was given the privilege of being one of her beta readers and I assure you, this woman works like magic. Down to My Soul is a perfectly weaved ending to one of my top 10 reads of 2015. Moving, passionate, and soul-stirring. 

"I’m fine with the fact that I love you in a way that isn’t normal." 

Patience wasn’t Rhyson Gray’s greatest suit. But when the only woman who set fire to his heart wanted to chase her dreams, he’ll have to be patient with chasing her. I really really love how alpha and affectionate Rhys can get. There was a perfect balance of dominance, passion, and tenderness in this man that it’s impossible not to fall helplessly in love with him. Rhyson Gray did not just want; he loved fiercely, possessed passionately, and surrendered completely. 

“I’ll always move heaven and earth to be with you,” I assure her. “When it makes no sense. When it wastes time. When it’s hard. Doesn’t matter. If you ever wonder if you’re worth it, the answer’s always yes.” 

Kai Anne knew her love for Rhyson was unquestionable. But she was right inside the dream she’s been fighting for since she was a kid. A chance to unleash her passion and share her talent to the world. She just wished Rhys loved her enough to understand that she had to do it on her own. Kai was bold, fervent, and hardworking. There was this fierce depth and an admirable fortitude in her that placed this story in a poignant light. 

"You can’t lose me. My soul is lodged that deeply in yours. I’m yours down to my very soul.” 

There was no doubt about the love between Rhys and Kai. I loved how it was so defined that even when they were apart, the intensity of the love they shared consistently set the gripping tone of the book. It was refreshing how it wasn’t focused on establishing the romance but rather on the growth of the characters. Kennedy Ryan expertly explored and tested the depths of Rhys and Kai until they learned to bend for each other. And this is what I absolutely love about Miss Kennedy’s works; the characters work for the love they both deserve. This book is life! Definitely one of my top 2016 books! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.