Monday, February 20, 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Switch by Adriana Locke


Title: Switch
Author: Adriana Locke
Series: Landry Family #3
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: February 20, 2017
Mallory Sims is late for her first day of work.
After spilling her tea, she discovers she has no gas in her car. Add that her arm keeps sticking to her dress from syrup left on the console of her car, flustered feels like an understatement.
Then she sees her new boss.
Graham Landry is the epitome of NSFW in his custom-fit suit, black-rimmed glasses, and a look so stern her libido doesn’t stand a chance. Being flustered is just the start of her problems.
Her punctuality is only the start of his. With a pink slip in hand, he’s been waiting on his new secretary to show up only to let her go. Then she rushes in with her doe eyes and rambling excuses, smelling like bacon and lavender. The termination paper falls to the side as she falls in his arms. 
This is a disaster in the making. Not because of his pinpoint exactness or her free spirit, but because when they’re together, the sparks that fly threaten to burn the whole place down.




Just when I thought I have found my favorite Landry, another Landry comes along. Switch is probably the hottest, most sensual book that Adriana Locke has ever written. Another sexy and tantalizing read that shifts my life goals. I’m ditching my job and aiming for a Mrs. Landry position. 

"Careful. Purposeful. Confident."

Graham Landry thrived in order and preferably the one providing it. He had back-up plans for back up plans and anticipated solutions for every outcome. But he was definitely blindsided when he met a raven-haired goddess with a quick wit and killer curves. Gosh, I love Graham so much. In the past books, he was the rational voice in his brothers’ lives. He was smart, confident, logical, and so sure of himself. But damn, did I love him more when he started to dismantle(and not just from his goddamn, hotdamn suit). 

I'm aware I'm an addict and I measure drugs in Grahams.

Mallory Sims knew how hard it was to be a pawn of other people’s decisions so she was striving to stand on her own two feet. She will stand for herself, pave her life the way she wanted, and learn to say no…well, except when it comes to Graham Landry. Mal was such a beautiful character. This woman was smart and passionate. I loved how she was confident but also showed a tinge of vulnerability. Like her life goal, she was a perfect balance. A strong-willed, vocal, and independent woman but also a woman who needed understanding and acceptance. 

"What do you want, Mallory?""I want to do all the things you ask of me and do them better than you've expected they could be done."

I initially expected this book to be just panty-melting hot and romantic. And don’t get me wrong, it definitely definitely was. Graham and Mallory together could create miles and miles of forest fires. What I didn’t expect, though, was how raw they got with each other. And hot damn,that was, in my opinion, the hottest thing about this book. Not just Graham in a suit (which is hot) or Graham out of the suit (which is also hot)or Graham outside the suit doing sexy times with Mallory (which is extra extra hot). But it was the little things they did for and say to each other. They filled each other’s gap and inspired new sets of routine and a brand of happiness that was exclusively their own. 

Adriana Locke brilliantly drove this sexy book from a fiery, sexy attraction to an all-out true romance. Everything was perfectly-paced and contained a subtle intensity that was absolutely addicting! I want more Landry!

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.