Saturday, October 22, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: The Fall by T. Gephart


Title: The Fall

Author: T. Gephart
Genre: Dark, Suspense, Romance
Salvation doesn’t exist.
It’s a lie people tell themselves in the dark, alone so their conscience might be eased. To give them hope that, in the end, we can all be forgiven.
Except we can’t.
And no amount of praying will change that.
For me there will be no redemption, and I will leave this world with the same black heart I entered it with.
The comfort in knowing who I am and what I am capable of keeps me warmer than any lie of having my soul saved.
Because I know the truth.
Because I know there is no Heaven.
And there is no Hell.
There is only the fall.
Michael has no one. No family. No Friends. And not a soul in the world cares about him, only a system that tried to break him.
With a strong dislike for establishments and conformity, he has lived his life as a rogue. A hired thug with no allegiances except to his own word.
Sofia has grown up in the shadow of her father—one of the most powerful drug lords in the city. She has vowed to bring him to justice, moving through the ranks of the Chicago PD in an effort to be as far removed from her father’s lifestyle as possible.
Two worlds collide when Michael shows up at her door, a gun in his hand and a look in his eyes that terrifies her. Suddenly, Sofia has a price on her head and Michael is the only one who can keep her out of the crossfire.



‘When I looked into his eyes, I saw him. I saw who he was, not who he thought he’d become, and I saw kindness.’

Miss T has kept up my interest with her sizzling hot humor on the Power Station series. But after reading The Fall, I am so, so interested on what more this author can give us. Angsty, emotional, suspenseful. I’m not quite sure how to get over this book. 

A man without a concrete identity is the hardest target. No family to pawn on, no feelings to play with. Michael lived his life killing people. Devoid of empathy and a stranger to love, he had no problem slitting someone’s throat and rinsing their blood off of his hands. Michael is the main attraction of this book! The angst and the depths of this man was riveting and poignant, the weaving of his past from start to end was brilliantly played. 

Enter Sofia. A daughter of a drug lord who devoted her life seeking justice for her father’s deeds. When she was forced to go under Michael’s wings, she will soon realize that the man she once doubted might be the only man she can trust. This character broke me. It’s up to you to find out why. 

There was a different form of grit in this book that I really loved. The relentless teasing and tension between Michael and Sofia spiced up this story. The suspense and the drama of this book’s plot gave me a unique experience. I just know this book will create an uproar of emotions in every reader that finishes this book. That is all. I am not spoiling. I am fine. Really.



Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.