Thursday, October 6, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Make Me Believe by Karen Ferry




Title: Make Me Believe
Author: Karen Ferry
Series: Believe #1
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 6th, 2016

Amazon ● iBooks ● Nook



Sometimes, a chance meeting is just the push you need in order to break free from the darkness within…

My name is Emma, I’m 23, and I’ve never been kissed. I’m no virgin…But kissing is too intimate, too intense, and I don’t want that – not ever. I like sex, though, and most of my hook-ups don’t seem to mind the no-kissing part.

But then I meet Daniel, who’s such a geek, and definitely not the kind of guy I’d normally take an interest to. He’s the shy, quiet type, but with such a charming smile, and he makes my heart race – something I’ve never experienced before.

Daniel has his own issues to work through, and I know my hardened heart shouldn’t melt when he looks at me. I really shouldn’t be falling for him, either, but somehow, he manages to tear down my walls, and I’m scared…because once he learns my secrets, he’ll want nothing to do with me.

All I know is that Daniel makes me feel things that I have never felt before – but do I dare let down my walls and confide in him?

Will I let him be my first kiss?

This is my story, and I’ll reveal everything in my own sweet time…

Just don’t expect all the hearts-and-flowers stuff.
Life is messy, and mine is no different…

INSPIRED BY TRUE EVENTS

***Due to possible ‘triggers’ and adult situations (yes, there is lots of sex in this book) it is not recommended to persons under the age of 18.



"You consume me every time you’re near… My main focus is on you and I don’t care where we are. You bring out a side of me I never knew existed, and I just want to…claim you in some way.”


Miss Karen Ferry is a new author for me and newness did she totally bring. Make Me Believe has inspired a unique streak of feeling in me that had me completely captivated. Nostalgic, sweet, fun, and really, something that would make you want to pack things and fly to Denmark. 

A time off was what Emma needed. Studying in Denmark gave her that. But while she was hoping to take a time off of her life in England, something definitely turned on, turned hot, and turned more. Emma’s character was quite interesting. Sure, it’s no longer new to meet a strong-willed woman in a book. But her spunk and sweetness was an exciting mix. There was something about her that a man would want to fill and every woman would want to have. 

Now Daniel is something that spiced up my interest in this book. In a world full of alphas, I found unique solace and admiration in the marvelous mix of nerdy and naughty in his character. There’s just something so sexy about a man who knows his books and is sure about his woman.

This book was absolutely captivating! There was a nostalgic, fuzzy feeling that recurs while I was reading it. The plot was generally light but Miss Karen’s fun and indulging prose made it so hard to put down! Emma and Daniel were easy-to-love characters; relatable, real, and interesting. The heat level between them was deliciously flexible. Their relationship’s progress from strangers to friends to lovers was steamily adorable. Make Me Believe was a sweet, sexy, smutty read that will keep readers on their toes and ensure your library-inspired fantasies. ;)

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.