Saturday, October 22, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Hades by Elda Lore


Title: Hades
Author: LB Dunbar writing as 
Elda Lore
Series: Modern Descendants #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance
“Welcome to Hell.”
Persephone Fields is just an average girl: beloved daughter and loyal friend. One night decides her Fate, when the prince of The Underworld becomes her savior and her kidnapper. 
Hades has lived centuries in darkness and sin. When he decides to save the blonde goddess, he doesn’t consider the ramifications of his decision to bring her into his realm.
Two worlds divided struggle to find friendship in a history of family discord beyond their control. When attraction blurs the line, questions result in choices of love or loyalty.
A modern twist of the classic myth: Hades and Persephone, this version incorporates the sensual tension of opposites divided by contemporary humanity and mythical underworlds. Also reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet, this is a love story ripe with desire.



I am, yet again, conquered by a paranormal romance book. Each time I start a book outside of my preference, I cross my fingers that I will atleast like it. But Hades by Elda Lore absolutely caught me from page one. I freaking loved this one! 

One moment, he was my savior; the next, I believed I was his prisoner.

Devils don’t do feelings. As the prince of the Underworld, Hades had no concrete idea why he cared if this beautiful goddess died or not. All he knew was that she roused more feelings in him in one minute than he ever had in his whole life combined. The witty combination of a beast and a charming prince in Hades’ character was something I really loved while reading this book. At his character’s introduction, I had expectations of him and he’s reached each pillar perfectly. Ruggedly handsome, effortlessly sweet, and a spice of devilish streaks. Sounds like the perfect temptation for me! 

“I want to capture your laughter and hit repeat.”

Persephone lived a life in paradise. With her caring family and a set of crazy friends who brought her into adventures, she could not ask for more. But that changed quickly, and I mean quickly when all of a sudden, she was attacked, saved by the devil himself, and went straight into the underworld. I loved how Persephone wasn’t displayed as a damsel in distress. She was a feisty woman with a passionate soul and igniting her was a treat to read. 

“Fate decides who comes into your life, your heart decides who stays.”

Anybody who’s had an interest in literature definitely loves Greek mythology. Elda Lore drove this story with a streak of modern interest but at the same time, preserving the historical essence of the original story. There’s something so addictive with the forbidden love plot and how this story was told was absolutely enthralling. Hades and Persephone’s chemistry was definitely akin to the flames of the Underworld. And yet the sweetness and the innocence of their love was a delicious contradiction as well. This book was passionate, captivating, and sinfully good. A great, more realistic twist at the end will have readers both sighing for satisfaction and clamoring for more. 


Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.