Sunday, September 4, 2016

BOOK REVIEW: Born Sinner by S.L. Jennings


Title: Born Sinner
Author: S.L. Jennings
Series: Se7en Sinners #1
Genre: Paranormal Romance

B L U R B 

Twenty-two years ago, I was cut from a cold, sodden womb, and cradled in the filth and poverty of Chicago’s concrete arms. Statistically, I wasn’t supposed to survive these streets past the age of eighteen.

Fate had a different plan.

I was bred for one purpose and one purpose only: to unleash death and destruction on my world.

My thoughts are power.

My words are weapons.

Evil created me then grace tried to save me. But first… they tried to kill me.
They call themselves the Se7en. They are sin and salvation, and everything we’ve feared from the beginning of time. And their leader is the deadliest of them all.

He doesn’t lose.

He doesn’t compromise.

And most importantly, he doesn’t distract himself with mortal weakness.

Not until me.

Kill one to save a million.

That’s what he told me when he took me as his prisoner.

Kill one to save a million.

That’s what he’s been trying to tell himself ever since he took me into his arms.

M Y   R E V I E W
5/5 STARS

Definitely one of the most page-turning book I’ve ever read! A paranormal romance, at that! It’s not my comfort genre but S.L. Jennings had me consuming every page like I’d die if I stopped. Born Sinner awakened an inner paranormal geek inside of me and I loved every searing sensation this book gave me! 

He is need. He is passion. He is fire. And he can only be extinguished inside me. 

L headed the 7 sinners with his quick wit, harnessed skills, and a rich history of experiences. He was determined and contained, until one particular human made him want to let go. How L’s character was weaved had me completely amused. It was so complex yet so utterly defined, so well-researched. Unraveling who he was and what he was capable of doing was something that really gripped me in this book. He’s the kind of man whom you’d want to be good for, but is unconsciously tempting you to sin. And my, did I totally lose my religion to Legion. 

I'm a troubled girl with a dark past whose thoughts and words are weapons.

Eden went from being the striving citizen from the bad side of town to being the striving human amidst a group of demons. I love love love the spunk of this woman! There was an inner strength in her that radiated even at times when she let her guard down. I love the equal streaks of badassery and sensuality in her. 

His touch is like heroine glitter in my veins. I'm wild and addicted to this garish beauty, sparkling like splintered diamonds in the sun.

Everything about this book was absolutely intriguing! It brought the overused phrase “impossible to put down” into a whole new level. There was something so unique, entrancing, and addictive on how this book was written. I don't know how else to describe it in one word. It's angsty; the back stories had me gripped from the very beginning. It's hot; like seriously, straight outta hell kinda hot *pun intended*. And it was also heart-stealing, hard to believe since it's full of demons. But the bond, the closeness, and the witty play with the characters just completely stole me. If you’re a romance reader who’s reluctant to read paranormal romance, trust me, this book will change your mind! 

Post a Comment

© The Reading Ruth. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.